Ritz Kobayashi’s popular mahjong manga Saki, which is celebrating its 15th anniversary this year, will publish seven new books at once on January 22, 2021, including the anniversary art book “Saki Art Collection: Ritz Kobayashi illustrations.” As a result, the total circulation of the series will finally reach 10 million copies.
The manga has been serialized in Square Enix’s Young Gangan since February 2006, and has had many spin-off series illustrated by various illustrators.
The seven books to be published on January 22 are:
- “Saki” volume 21
- “Saki Art Collection: Ritz Kobayashi illustrations”
- “Saki Achiga-hen episode of Side-A” volume 7 (illustrated by Aguri Igarashi)
- “Saki re:KING’S TILE DRAW” volume 1 (illustrated by Sakurako Gokurakuin)
- “Toki” volume 7 (illustrated by Meki Meki)
- “Shinohayu the Dawn of Age began” volume 13 (illustrated by Aguri Igarashi)
- “Someya Mako no Jyansou-meshi” volume 1 (illustrated by Meki Meki)
“Saki Art Collection: Ritz Kobayashi illustrations” cover:
Also, a special exhibition to celebrate the 15th anniversary will be held at Ikebukuro Marui (Event Space on the seventh floor) in Tokyo from January 22 to February 7, 2021. In addition to color illustrations of the Saki series, life-size character panels will be displayed at the venue. Admission is free.
— 池袋マルイ アニメイベント (@marui_ikebukuro) January 8, 2021
©RITZ KOBAYASHI/SQUARE ENIX
Latest in Anime News by Crunchyroll!